The scholarship awards Black/African-American and Latin/Hispanic graduating high school seniors accepted into a college or university with a GPA of 2.0 or higher (C average).
On November 17. 2007, Christopher “C-Snake Boogie” Jones went from being an ordinary 16-year-old to a statistic, the 52nd homicide victim in the Rochester region for the year when he was gunned down outside his home. In honor of his memory, his mother Sirena Cotton founded the ROC the Peace Fest and ROC the Peace, Inc. ROC the Peace is a small grassroots nonprofit with the mission to support the fight against violence in the community through prevention education, community outreach, and service along with collaboration.
The Christopher Jones Memorial Scholarship awards African American/Black and Latine/Hispanic
graduating high school seniors that have been accepted into a college/university.
- African American/Black or Latine/Hispanic
- Current graduating high school senior
- GPA 2.0/C or higher
Required Application Materials
- Official High School Transcript
- College Acceptance Letter
- 300-400 Word Typed Essay
- ROC the Peace’s motto is, “Peace begins with me.” How does peace begin with you and what does a peaceful Rochester look like?
- One Letter of Recommendation
- The recommender can be a school counselor, teacher, work supervisor, community organization leader, or church official.
- Recent Photo
- Photo Release Form
Application Deadline – April 30, 2023
Mail/Email completed applications to:
ROC the Peace, Incorporated
ATTN: Christopher Jones Memorial Scholarship
PO Box 24084
Rochester, New York 14624
Questions? Please contact 585-708-9787 or email@example.com